EI Games: Presentation Skills
Level 2 presents personality profiles as a frame for presentations. As suggested in Level 2, framing presentations with personality profiles
· Fosters communication on a deeper level,
· Establishes a connection with audience members’ dominant personality trait, and
· Helps understand how audience members make decisions.
While reflecting on the material offered in the EI Games: Presentation Skills Course and developing your paper, consider prior learning and prior work experience, in addition to the material presented. Disagreeing with the principles presented in Level 2 is appropriate. However, do not reject the offered principles out of hand. Support acceptance or rejection of the offered principles with critical thinking and sound reasoning. To complete this assignment, you will need to select one of the approaches offered in one of the above videos to refer to in the below bullet points.In your paper,
· Compare and contrast the personality profiles offered in the EI Games Level 2 with the profiles developed for the Myers-Briggs type indicator (MBTI).
· Identify three significant differences.
· Discuss which approach you are most comfortable with and what gives you confidence in the approach you prefer.
· Appraise the value or lack of value associated with using personality types to frame a presentation prepared for those in your work environment.
o How will you measure the effectiveness of personality profiles in obtaining the following desirable benefits: (a) fostering communication on a deeper level, (b) establishing a connection with audience members’ dominant personality trait, and (c) understanding how audience members make decisions?
o How will you address the common use of so-called canned presentations? Is it possible to frame canned presentations with a general personality profile, or must all presentations be tailored to a specific audience?
o How much training in personality assessment do those framing presentations with personality profiles need to leverage the concept effectively?
o How important is it to use documented valid and reliable measures to develop personality profiles?
The EI Games Presentation Skills Course: Understanding Personality Profiles paper
· Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) · Must include a separate title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
· Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
· Must use at least two scholarly sources in addition to the material presented in EI Games: Presentation Skills Course.
· Must document any information used from sources in APA Style
· Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style
· Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
EI Games: Presentation Skills