Financial Plan Comp 3 Assessment Part 2
- Re-work Part 4 completed last week. Below is the notes from the professor.
- Determine sources of funding. Consider self-funding, borrowing, equity, venture capital, etc. How much total funding is required? How much will stem from debt and how much will stem from equity (ie venture capital)?
- Estimate the cost of capital for both short-term and long-term funding sources. Research current estimated APRs for your selected sources of funding. After you answer the above questions, now you need to calculate your WACC using the correct amounts and APRs for each of your sources. Don’t forget about the tax benefit as to the debt portion.
- Create a profit-and-loss statement for a 3-year period. Project revenue. State any realistic assumptions, such as growth per year, in your projections.
- Estimate direct costs, including capital, marketing, labor, and supply costs. Direct costs here are related to the amount of funding required. How are you planning on spending the total amount of funding required. Add a chart or table that will detail how you plan on spending those funds. The total amount of direct costs should equal the total amount of funding required.