MBA Innovation Article Summaries
COURSE: Management of Innovation and TechnologyASSIGNMENT: Innovation Article Summaries (75 points per summary/25 Discussion, possible 250 points)
DUE:Part 1 Summary – 6:00 pm, Monday, February 13, 2023Part 2 Summary – 6:00 pm, Monday, March 20, 2023Part 3 Summary – 6:00 pm, Monday, April 24, 2023
Innovation Article Summaries (75 points per summary/25 Discussion, possible 250 points)
Every day, someone somewhere is innovating. Our world is advancing much faster than we can keep up. These article summaries and ensuing discussions are designed to provide the practical application of the material covered in this course and a way for us to stay current on trends and themes about managing innovation and technology. You are not asked to write a scholarly article but to seek and report on current activities in the world of innovation.Students will produce, in their own words:• (3) Innovation Article Summaries, one article for each part of the text:o Part 1: Industry Dynamics of Technological Innovationo Part 2: Formulating Technological Innovation Strategyo Part 3: Implementing Technological Innovation Strategy
• Each summary must include a summary of the article (link to the article needs to be included) and why it is of interest or significance as it relates to the course with chapter identified (give your opinion why the innovation matters)
• Articles must be from respected, credible outlets for information. A link or citation must accompany the Summary for reading. Research paper abstracts from scholarly academic sources are not considered Articles for this assignment
• Pose (2) critical questions the article provokes related to innovation development. These questions will be answered by the class session for that chapter.
• Students must lead (1) discussion of your Article Summary during the corresponding chapterPART A – Original Articles (75 possible points each)• Students will produce, in their own words, total of three Innovation Article Summaries this semester. One summary per each Part(section) of the text/course:o Part 1: Industry Dynamics of Technological Innovationo Part 2: Formulating Technological Innovation Strategyo Part 3: Implementing Technological Innovation Strategy
• Each Innovation Article Summary must be submitted on Blackboard prior to the class sessionfor that corresponding chapter. Priority for discussion will be based on submission.
• Address why the article is of interest or significance as it relates to the course, identifying thechapter Article Summaries must include the chapter being referenced and addressed by the article
• Provide your opinion why the innovation matters and analysis, insight, and commentary
• For example, an article detailing Disney’s Imagineering would be significant for Part Three Chapter 12, “Managing New Product Development”o https://d23.com/6-imagineers-share-the-disney-experiences-that-led-them-to-theirdream-jobs/• Pose a minimum of (2) critical questions the article provokes and be prepared to lead your colleague in discussion around their answers. Think of these being like discussion questions posed at the end of each chapter to spark conversation
PART B – Discussion (25 possible points)• Lead class discussion on one of your chosen summary submissions.• Discussions should include the questions posed and curating the ensuing conversation• You are expected to answer questions posed by your colleagues to the best of your knowledge and ability.
MBA Innovation Article Summaries – Course Researchers – EssaysForYou
MBA Innovation Article Summaries